To apply for the Georgia Driver’s Education Grant Scholarship, visit http://georgiadrivers.ga.gov and click the link “Student Login.” Enter the username “student” and password “student” to login and begin the application.
The 30/6 hour Drivers Education course contains two parts. Students must pass both parts to receive the DDS certificate of completion.
Part 1: 30 hours of classroom seminars.
Part 2: 6 Hours behind the wheel training (to be completed after successful completion of Part 1).
How do I register for the Drivers Education Course?
- Choose the date of the course you want to take below.
(Unless otherwise indicated, all classes will be held at 928 Manchester Expressway (Portable B1), Columbus GA 31904)
- Provide the requested information.
- Download and print the Registration Packet. Complete the forms and bring with you to the first session (orientation). Remember, parent or legal guardian must be present for the first session.
- In addition to the forms in the packet, participants must bring the following to class on day 1:
- Learner's Permit
- Proof of completion of the Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program (ADAP). This can be obtained from your HS counselor.
- Copy of school schedule (proof of enrollment).
- • All classes during the school year will be held Monday – Thursday 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm. (Students are responsible for their on lunch.)
- Please make a note that parents and guardians need to contact Mr. Jamall Wimberly via email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to class.